Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dengeki Daisy

So a few days ago I went on to my email and saw my "special coupons and picks just for you" email I get from them occasionally. I decided to check it out, see what they want me to buy. The picks are based off of things that you have bought, and seeing as how my most recent buys are manga (...) A bunch of manga pops up. Its usually stuff I have bought(?) or am not really interested in. But a few days ago...

I get on there, look down, and see... DENGEKI DAISY!!!!

I was exstatic! I have loved that manga for a long time, one of my favorite shoujos, and now its in ENGLISH!!!! YES!!!

Its about a girl whose brother has died and left her a cell phone, her only contact with a mysterious figure named DAISY. They write it all capitilized too, thats not me and my twitchy caps finger. She is a poor, bullied girl only in high school because of a scholarship, the reason for her being bullied by rich student council. But what I really like about her is her strength. She doesnt let any of it get to her, partially(and she says this) because she has DAISY to help her and cheer her up.

The beginning shows her actually lying to DAISY, saying she is fine when in actuallity she is not. Then due to certain circumstances, you find out who DAISY is, but she (Teru) has no idea its the deliquent janitor who is making her pay for a broken window by working for him.

His name is Kurosaki, and he is probebly one of the most attractive Shoujo men I have ever had the privledge to read about. He seems cruel and harsh, but as DAISY, he is always there to help her. But she wont ask DAISY for help, because she doesnt want to take advantage of his kindness. As Kurosaki and as DAISY, he helps her out, guides her and teases her, and begins to love her. He has a checkered past that you begin to see, something connected to her brother and the work they were doing, as well as before her brother was in the picture.

Its an action romance, with intrigue and well developed characters that grow as the story progresses. The art and story line are very well done and interesting, keeping you flipping pages and admiring scenery and dialouge. I have re read it online a couple times, and I would definetly suggest reading it. Actually, if you havent, just do it. You wont regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment